Guided by Catholic beliefs, St. Michael Academy provides a Christ-centered environment laying the foundation for exceptional academic and moral lifelong learning.
St. Michael Academy is a Christ-driven educational mission, where human culture and knowledge, enlivened by faith, is shared joyfully among teachers, students, families and community in our God-given world. We emphasize what it means to be a Catholic, to model one’s life on Christ, with the duties and responsibilities involved in living out His message, and with the joy and peace that flows from such purpose.
Our fully-certified and licensed faculty teach a thorough curriculum of traditional subjects required by the State of Florida, the Diocese of St. Augustine, and the National Catholic Education Association. We emphasize faith and values through daily religion classes and weekly participation in liturgy.
We stress a mastery of the basics of reading, writing, mathematics and social studies while also emphasizing training in computer technology and science in order to meet the demands of our ever advancing world. Our fully equipped computer lab, science lab, and automated library allow students to become familiar with a variety of modern technologies, upon which they will build in high school and college.
A variety of fine arts and athletic programs supplement classroom work. Through a multitude of extracurricular activities, we work to develop students – spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally and physically.
- We respect the dignity of each individual within our school community and God-given world.
- Through our partnership with parents, each student’s spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical growth develops best in an atmosphere which stresses Gospel values.
- Worship, community, service, self-discipline, and academic excellence must be integral parts of our school’s program and atmosphere.
- We must prepare our students to examine and appreciate the implications of moral, social, and global issues and choices in our ever-changing society.
- By our example, we must offer models of Christian witness to our students and our entire community.