Applying to SMA
St. Michael Academy welcomes students from all backgrounds to consider attending our school. Our application process is intended to respect the needs of all parties: prospective student and family, existing students and families, faculty and school.
We designed the process to determine, in an efficient and duly-diligent manner, whether prospective student and family are prepared for our school’s academic, social and religious standards. New students are accepted based on several such criteria, and according to the number of available student openings.
To apply for admission to St. Michael Academy, please complete these steps:
- Review pertinent application information documents
- Complete and submit Family and Student enrollment forms
Family Enrollment Form
Student Enrollment Form
- Schedule a family interview with the principal
- Submit verification of active parish affiliation (to qualify for Catholic tuition discount)
- Submit Health and Immunization Records
- Submit Birth Certificate (original)
- Submit copy of Social Security card
- Submit Baptismal Certificate (Catholic applicants only)
- Submit Current Report Cards (grades 1-8 only)
- Submit Standardized Test Results
Please note: Report cards and test results will be reviewed to determine whether our program will meet the educational needs of the student. Testing in some academic areas may be held for new incoming students. If a student has an IEP or any other education or psychological testing, parents are required to submit related paperwork at the time of registration.
In addition, families relocating to the area, whose children have been attending a Catholic school in another location, will be considered for enrollment as soon as their parents join the parish. Relocating families will be accommodated, if at all possible, to ensure the continuity of their Catholic education.
As openings become available, the following priorities will be used to accept students:
- Members of St. Michael Catholic Church
- Siblings of SMA students
- Members of other parishes
- Non-Catholic students
- Children entering Pre-K must be 4-years-old by September 1.
- Children entering Kindergarten must be 5-years-old by September 1.
- Children entering 1st Grade must be 6-years-old by September 1.
For registered St. Michael parishioners, annual tuition is $4,900 per student. For those not members of St. Michael Church, annual tuition is $5,900 per student.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
We offer limited tuition assistance through our school scholarship fund. Parish families may request scholarship assistance by applying through FACTS. We also accept Step Up for Students and the McKay Scholarship.
The schools in the Diocese of St. Augustine do not discriminate on the basis of color, national, or ethnic origin in the administration of admission or education policies, athletic, or other school-administered programs. Catholic schools in the Diocese of St. Augustine admit students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at its member schools. St. Michael Academy complies with all Federal and State non-discrimination and Equal Opportunity laws and regulations regarding admissions.