Re-Enrollment for existing SMA families will begin on January 5, 2023.
New student applications packets for the 2023-2024 school year will be available on January 5, 2023.
Open enrollment for new families will begin January 23, 2023.
ENROLLMENT/ RE-ENROLLMENT REMINDERS
1. Returning students must reserve their spot by paying the re-registration fee each year by the designated deadline.
2. All fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
3. Families that do not re-register by the deadline are giving up their spot.
As openings become available, the following priorities will be used to accept students to St. Michael Academy:
1) Current students of the school, siblings of current students, students of school employees.
2) Catholic families relocating to our parish from out-of-town continuing a Catholic education for their child(ren).
(You must be a member of the Parish for one year to receive the Catholic Tuition Rate, unless a supporting letter from the Pastor of your former Parish is provided.)
3) Practicing and supporting members* of St. Michael Catholic Church.
4) Parishioners from other local Catholic Churches with a letter from their pastor.
5) All others: including families of other faith traditions.
*Supporting Parishioners are defined as those families that are registered Catholic parishioners of St. Michael Parish who regularly attend Mass on weekends and through the use of offertory envelopes contribute to the parish.
At the time of registration, all new students seeking admission to St. Michael Academy will be evaluated on the basis of current standardized test scores and report cards. All students will take an assessment prior to admission. Full acceptance will be contingent on a complete review of the student’s test scores, report cards, teacher recommendations and educational plans by the school’s administrative team. Families must complete Online Enrollment and FACTS registration by the deadline provided to the family. Failing to meet this deadline may result in withdrawal of the student.
Students applying for admission must provide required documents. All requested documents must be uploaded during the application process. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to obtain the documents from the student’s current school. These will be reviewed to determine whether the program at St. Michael Academy will meet the educational needs of the student. St. Michael Academy will only request the student’s cumulative file from the previous school using the Records Request form once the student has been accepted.
All new students will be given a trial period in which to demonstrate growth both socially and academically. If during this trial period (90 days) there are any problems, a student may be asked to withdraw his/her attendance at St. Michael Academy. Withdrawal policies will apply.
- FACTS Form
- Birth Certificate (copy)
- Social Security Number (copy)
- School Entry Health Exam Physical #DH3040
- Florida Immunization Form #DH680
- Baptismal Certificate for Catholic Families
- K-8th Registration Payment or VPK Deposit
- VPK Certificate of Eligibility (signed and dated)